[Xen-devel] Xen 2.0.6 released!

To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen 2.0.6 released!
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:55:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 May 2005 16:54:41 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Folks,

The Xen team are pleased to announce the release of Xen 2.0.6 !

This release includes support for Linux versions 2.6.11.10 and 2.4.30,
NetBSD 2.0 and FreeBSD 5.3, along with many bug fixes. In particular:

 * a fix to a nasty VM relocation bug
 * several AGP/DRM fixes
 * block device performance fix
 * CDROM and floppy fixes
 * better hyperthreading support
 * misc tool hardening and improved default security

We would recommend everyone to upgrade to 2.0.6 as soon as possible.
You can download the install and source tar balls from
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/netos/xen/ and access the BK repository at
http://xen.bkbits.net/xen-2.0.bk

RPMs and a new demo CD will be available in due course.

Early in June we will be releasing the 3.0-testing series, which is the
first step toward the 3.0.0 release. There are a number of important
architectural changes in the 3.0 development tree, and we'll be creating
the testing series as soon as 32 bit x86 (<4GB) support has the full
feature superset of 2.0, with a good level of stability and enhanced
performance (including SMP guest support). Other ports such as x86_64
and x86 >8GB support will not have the same level of maturity, but
hopefully this will be achieved through extensive testing and continuing
development over the coming weeks.

Best,
The Xen Team