[Xen-users] Network problems / SuSE 9.3 / running on vmware GSX

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Network problems / SuSE 9.3 / running on vmware GSX
From: "Hubertus A. Haniel" <hubba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 21:03:07 +0100 (BST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 May 2005 20:02:47 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am trying to setup XEN 2.0.5 on SuSE 9.3 which is running inside a
VMware GSX instance. All seems to be working fine after I have been fixing
the bridge configuration with the only problem that I can only send and
receive broadcast and multicast traffic from DomU. I can ping DomU from
Dom0 and visa versa but I can not ping outside it. Arpwatch on another
machine has however got the mac address of DomU.
Has anybody else seen this situation? Has anybody else got Xen working
inside a VMware session? - I would like to take it out of VMware but at
the moment I have no spare hardware.

Best regards
Hubba