RE: [Xen-users] xen guidelines

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen guidelines
From: "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" <jhje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:12:12 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:12:29 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Is there a guideline for memory? dom0 not less than ??,
> dom1...domn < ??

And I would like to add: Is there a recommendation for /tmp capacity and
swap size for dom0 ?

I am about to setup a production server and I am eager to hear the
list's experiences with regards to how many resources dom0 needs for
running well.

I guess that there is no great need for driver memory in case a domU is
running off physical partitions since the disk access then goes directly
through the hypervisor (?). But what about when dom0 is serving
file-backed vbd's ? Will a 64 MB dom0 behave like a normal file server
with only 64 MB mem ?

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark