[Xen-users] xen guidelines

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen guidelines
From: "Dwight Trumbower" <dwight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:40:34 -0500 (CDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:40:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When creating a xen server, does it make sense to run any other process on
dom0, like dns, firewall, dhcp, apache, etc.? I would assume you would
want as little as possible for performance.

Is there a guideline for memory? dom0 not less than ??, dom1...domn < ??

If it helps to answer these question with an example config, here you go.

Setup Xen server:
vm1 - web server
vm2 - database server
vm3 - samba server
vm4 - network server - firewall, dns, dhcp
vm5 - desktop
vm6 - windows server - future release

Doing this with one server for free, PRICELESS.

--
Dwight