xen-tools

Re: [Xen-tools] CONFIG_SMP in dom0 breaks xenstore watch triggers

To: xen-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-tools] CONFIG_SMP in dom0 breaks xenstore watch triggers
From: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:44:36 -0500
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:42:44 +0000
Sender: xen-tools-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx> [2005-08-11 14:51]:
> * Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-08-11 13:08]:
> > > When using an SMP dom0 kernel, xm mem-set and xm
> > > vpcu-{disable,enable} don't work for dom0, works fine when
> > > dom0 is UP, and for domU UP/SMP.
> > > Not sure if this was supposed to be working already, but it
> > > was working last week when I sent the vcpu-hotplug patch to
> > > move over to the store.
> >
> > Would you mind isolating the changeset or otherwise investigating? Hard
>
> I'll try to track it down to a changeset.

Looks like my update that got merged cleaned up my notification mess
which botched grabbing the xenbus_lock (lock is already head if using
notification callback).  Everything works on the latest tip.

(frylock) b % hg tip
changeset:   6111:01e223b2a3501d64e44f009c01590d3b257dd90b
tag:         tip
user:        kaf24@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date:        Thu Aug 11 16:09:06 2005
summary:     Remove arch/xen/x86_64/kernel/init_task.c from sparse tree.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx