xen-tools

[Xen-tools] RE: Tools Status

To: "Sean Dague" <sean@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-tools] RE: Tools Status
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:35:42 +0100
Cc: xen-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:34:16 +0000
Sender: xen-tools-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I think we need to also start enumerating blocking bugs on
> xend for both testing and final 3.0.  For instance:
>
> * Xend doesn't log anything after startup (Bug 139)
> * Xend DomUs don't reboot when running reboot from DomU on
> the console (Bug
> 124)
> * Xend kills networking during start due to cloning of eth0
> => veth0 (Niv is filing a bug for this now)
>
> It would be good to know which of these were blocking for
> each release, and get any other todos from the xenwiki into
> bugzilla so we can manage blocking bugs there.

I think we need a better handle on the 'networking dies during cloning
of eth0' bug before we can move to the testing release. The other two
are less critical for 3.0-testing-r1, but should be fixed soon.

Has anyone tried my suggestion of adding 'promisc' to the ifconfig line
ahead of the brctl ?

[My guess is that the promisc flag that will be set by 'brctl add' is
being stomped on by the link coming up.]

Ian