xen-tools

[Xen-tools] Re: Tools Status

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 07:13:29PM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:

> Folks, we've been thinking through the various tasks that need to happen
> to complete the tools project for 3.0.0 (note that the first 3.0-testing
> release will not have XenStore/XenBus support -- there's other testing
> we can do)
>
> It's a pretty daunting list, but its mostly parallelizable.
>
> What have I missed?
>
> Ian
>
> general xm/xend
> ---------------
>
> * cleanup command names                       Sean
> * consoles via tty's                  Anthony
> * use SSL certs to protect http       Mike?

I think we need to also start enumerating blocking bugs on xend for both
testing and final 3.0.  For instance:

* Xend doesn't log anything after startup (Bug 139)
* Xend DomUs don't reboot when running reboot from DomU on the console (Bug
124)
* Xend kills networking during start due to cloning of eth0 => veth0 (Niv is
filing a bug for this now)

It would be good to know which of these were blocking for each release, and
get any other todos from the xenwiki into bugzilla so we can manage blocking
bugs there.