xen-research

Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-research] ISO test Downloads Availability ?

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-research] ISO test Downloads Availability ?
From: "John Smith" <lbalbalba@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:30:43 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 02:30:51 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=LHhp65GIrdFdKb5DJt1riX1B2JdAbEnwSLEbuwjlYN8=; b=oWoGBM0bieDn9UAZ7UQCM0GmO6DZaeoAAcNseqyw2SHQoGZm7JODTvHaJczYaAIuOZ LoIaRXgSAk541PWPcn7MXKr0dX6ZIa4763cj31IE+QGkyVRhAZrUQFNtkbzQjkjnUVu4 LUDSxY59OiehBaWL/mLtDpUwqPia2FkkwVx5Q=
Sender: xen-research-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Was it ever included in the live CD?

Yes, it was definitely included for Xen 3.0 (before XenSource was
aquired by Citrix), and was explicitly included on a bootable live cd
termed a 'Test CD Image', in order to get a better overview of which
systems and hardware configurations Xen could or could not handle.

According to the Internet Archive/Wayback machine, it was downloadable
from the following url :
http://www.xensource.com/xen/downloads/dl_x30tcd.html

> The CD is no longer maintained anyway,
> and quite out of date, so it's a moot point.

Im sorry to hear that. As a non-developer, sending in test reports of
various machine configurations was an easy and useful way to
contribute to the Xen project.

Regards,

John Smith