xen-research

Re: [Xen-research] ISO test Downloads Availability ?

To: "John Smith" <lbalbalba@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-research] ISO test Downloads Availability ?
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:46:32 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:46:38 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=TFw//YEtAdrYrXP+HqR3aCFMPFItPltZUWH9mphzpLE=; b=eqwUTStRECyovO+64GHNJvi7eSK3EFQqbOalx2rqZv4AA/dllLlEeZQWbXCMrsanzs 18mzeo3BqwmDr6xc4y09d2gbzbW6uYnR3DekPYWIWhMfNwmytka8TbJ1FU2ZsEqQ1PSI u4jDUTxQfq0x9hgLBDNre91tNmBYnbngZRLKc=
Sender: xen-research-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:48 AM, John Smith <lbalbalba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to remember that there used to be ISO downloads of Xen
> available, for people wanting to give it an easy way for a test drive,
> and to submit (automated) feedback on which machines and
> configurations Xen ran (in)correctly. However, I do not seem to be
> able to find these ISO images for download at Xen.org anymore. Has the
> project stopped making these useful test images - and if so, why ? -
> or am I simply looking in the wrong place ?

xm test code is still available in the xen code

But all the docs and mailing list reference to it are quite out of date:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenTest
http://markmail.org/message/2jvnvim3hokwfaqy

There are live CDs available [1], but as far as automated testing goes
you may want to check on xen-devel, there are a couple of companies
that send in weekly reports

For example:
http://markmail.org/search/?q=vmx+status+report#query:vmx status
report+page:1+mid:hoqsjbr5x3l2i7pe+state:results

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Todd

[1]
Under: http://runningxen.com/resources/#chapter2
Xen Live CD:
http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/3.0.3-0/iso/livecd-xen-3.0.3-0.iso
cached copy: http://runningxen.com/download/livecd-xen-3.0.3-0.iso
VMKNOPPIX: http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/vmknoppix/index-en.html
Under: http://runningxen.com/resources
under the heading "Resources Since First Edition"
VMKnoppix Xen LiveCD (other virtualization system support and lots of
other neat features)
http://www.rcis.aist.go.jp/project/knoppix/vmknoppix/index-en.html
The 3.03 version is still the latest released liveCD from Xen Source.
The VMKnoppix live CDs are a good alternative, with newer Xen packages
installed.

--
Todd Deshane
http://todddeshane.net