xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] Re: 2 questions of creating domU

Hao, please use the list.

On Oct 24, 2006, at 12:22 PM, Hao Yu wrote:

Jimi,

Thanks for helping us successfully creating domU. Just to summarize so we
can continue after 2pm today, here are 2 issues we are facing:

1. we encountered problem specifying memory more than 512 MB
when we specify 'memory = 1024', we got "Error: (28, 'No space left on
device')"

your xm tools are old, when you update Xen you also need to update your tools.

2. how to get IP for domU ?
    . relative settings
     vif = [ '' ]
     extra = "root=/dev/hda1 rw init=/sbin/developinit sysrq=1 debug
xencons=tty128 console=tty128 ip=dhcp"

here is the complete config file: (See attached file: hao_edi_config)

    . Here is the output from ifconfig : (See attached file:
ifconfig-a.out)

The way we build Linux "ip=dhcp" should work and it does on my maple.
perhaps an update of all your scripts is necessary?

-JX