xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] [RFC] directory renaming

xen/arch/ppc -> xen/arch/powerpc
xen/arch/ppc/ppc64 -> xen/arch/powerpc/powerpc64
[...]
Comments? If not I'll probably check this in tomorrow.

The "powerpc" part is goodness cuz it fits the Linux label, however the Xen convention for the specific arch seems to be "powerpc_ {32,64}", since Linux does not distinguish between 32/64 by directory anymore we should stick with Xen convention here.

Ouch.  Really?  In the kernel, we call it "powerpc"; in userland,
it's called "ppc"/"ppc64", in GCC it's all called "rs6000" and now
Xen comes up with something even better?  Is their no end to this
insanity?

Also, Xen can run more than Linux alone (well the PowerPC version
cannot yet afaik, but anyway...)

I tried to figure out what these particular subdirs are for, but it
seems I lost my links to it (and to you guys' wiki).  Google doesn't
help either (yeah I'm surprised too).  Help me out there?  :-)

Segher