xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] [pushed] [ppc] serial port discovery and zilog device drive

On May 25, 2006, at 5:51 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

Please reread this mail, in which I described the init sequence I would
like to see:
   From: Hollis Blanchard<hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
   Subject: Re: [XenPPC] [Patch] Find serial device and platform type
   Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:37:09 -0500

You mean this one?
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-ppc-devel/2006-04/ msg00042.html

I think Maria addressed the platform constant issues, and figured out a way to use the devtree rather than some platform statement to find the UART FW is using or fall back to the first one it finds.

Perhaps a little more communication by _all_ (including me) would have avoided this, but stylistic issues will fall into place, but I'm not too worried about what goes in this file as long as it works on everything and is as verbose as possible as we keep jumping from platform-to-platform trying to get them off the ground.
-JX