xen-merge

RE: [Xen-merge] massive changes

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, "Christian Limpach" <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-merge] massive changes
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:59:01 -0000
Cc: xen-merge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:05:31 +0000
Sender: xen-merge-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > You might be better off using the linux-2.6-xen.hg tree
> then which is
> > based on 2.6.15. (http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6-xen.hg)
>
> Reminds me... Is there any plan or schedule for (or list of
> tasks to be done before) this tree gets merged back into
> xen-unstable (if ever)?  Now that it is 2.6.15 and
> xen-unstable -sparse is 2.6.12, it seems overdue.

There's a known x86_64 dom0 regression that is proving a very slow
process to track down -- NIC interrupts seem to occasionally lock up,
requiring the tx watchdog to run and recover the card. I suspect it's a
latent ioapic problem.

It's almost worth checking it in so we get some help debugging it...
The plan is to get it in as soon as its stable.

Ian