xen-merge

[Xen-merge] i386 subarch

To: xen-merge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-merge] i386 subarch
From: Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 02:32:56 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:31:13 +0000
Sender: xen-merge-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is a partially functional snapshot of what I've got so far.  It will
build up to a point, (I didn't do the final vmlinux hackery to actually
link the kernel).  I've definitely cheated for this first round.  I simply
copied all the relevant bits from arch/xen/i386/ to arch/i386/mach-xen/
and hacked the makefile to ignore core i386 for now.  So, all the
meaningful changes are in header files.  The arch header files should
have a brute force split out of xen bits into subarch, nothing remotely
elegant.  In a few cases I punted and pushed the entire header to subarch.

This patch is on top of linux-2.6.12-xen0/ from 5905:501a70f3ae96.  It's
quite large, due to copying of files around.  It's missing a few diffs
in the sparse tree, but the header split is visible.

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/chrisw/xen/xen-i386-subarch.patch.gz

Still to be done:

1) Move core bits (non arch specific) over to drivers/xen/core
2) Move core headers (non arch specific) to linux/xen
3) refactor arch specific source out of arch/i386/mach-xen/ back into
arch/i386/ with necessary bits left in arch/i386/mach-xen/
4) lots of general cleanup
5) whatever i'm forgetting since it's late

thanks,
-chris