RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] HVM Multi-Processor Performance followup

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 11:09 -0800, Kayvan Sylvan wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I gathered new RE-AIM7 compute workload numbers for Ia64 xen-3.3-unstable
> (latest pull).
>
> Please take a look at http://www.editgrid.com/user/kayvan/CPU_Perf_2
>
> The OS where the benchmarks were run was given 32GB of memory (both for the
> native runs and the guest runs) and during the guest runs, Dom0 vcpus was set
> to 4 and its memory was also greatly increased to eliminate swapping.
>
> The Dom0 OS and the guest OS are both CentOS-4.6 with the latest updates.

Kayvan,

   Very interesting, thanks for running this and sharing the results.
There's obviously some scaling issues with HVM that we're going to need
to understand better.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.