RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Xen-3.2-unstable crash on NEC box

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 11:06 +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:
> We can choice the 3 way.
> 1. apply the RHEL5.1 patch
> 2. backport the patch of linux upstream.
> 3. only disable irqbalance.
>
> I think 2 is better than others.

   Yes, 2 is definitely my preferred choice as well.  I assume this
means backporting this cset:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=950f4427c2ddc921164088a20f01304cf231437c

And then another Xen specific patch to register event channel IRQs with
the IRQF_NOBALANCING flag?  Both of these would need to go through
xen-devel since they're changing common code.  It would be nice to get
these in before 3.2, but it might be risky.  The RHEL5 patch may be a
less risky stop-gap.  I'll let Keir make a call on that since its common
code.  Thanks for investigating this,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.