RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] E100 emulator is ready

Hi Wing,

I succeeded in installing the windows2003's e100 driver on Longhorn.
Your suggestion doesn't work well. The driver updater complains
lack of some file. e100b645.sys and net557.inf are not enough.

I installed the driver as follows:

(1) download e100 driver(PROWS64.exe) from intel site.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&Inst=Yes&ProductID=60&DwnldID=12864&strOSs=165&OSFullName=Windows%20Server*%202003%20for%20Itanium-based%20Systems&lang=eng

(2) expand it.
  C:\> PROWS64.exe /s /e /f .

(3) edit PRO100\Win64\e100b45.inf
append the next line in '[Intel]' section.
---
%PCIE100PLUS.DeviceDesc%         = D101M.ndi,
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1229&SUBSYS_000B8086
---

(4) update the network driver from device manager.

Now network works on Longhorn.

Many thanks!
Kouya