Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: [patch 0/7] Kexec: EFI Mapping: Take III

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 01:46:25PM -0500, Aron Griffis wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Simon Horman wrote:  [Fri Nov 09 2007, 10:28:24PM EST]
> > I have made some slight progress with regards to this problem,
> > perhaps you or someone else with a rx6600[*] could test out
> > my latest creation. It applies on top of the series that I posted here:
> >
> > http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-ia64-devel/2007-10/threads.html#00268
>
> I took these patches for a spin on my rx6600.  Since the patches don't
> apply cleanly to ia64/xen-unstable.hg tip, I used the following as my
> base:
>
>     ia64/xen-unstable.hg 16286:42e032f52371
>     ia64/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg 309:cf8b6cafa2f0

Thanks for the reminder, I'll up-port the patches.
For refrence I have been using:

ia64/xen-unstable.hg 16217:c17bfb091790
ia64/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg 255:4cf72481b5ed

> then I built three hypervisors: kexecBaseline, kexecIII, and kexecIIIa.
> I built these all on a RHEL system so I could test them on my
> existing RHEL5.1 installations without installing new xen tools.
>
> Perhaps unfortunately, I didn't see the dom0 boot failure that Alex
> saw.  My boot logs are appended to the end of this message in case
> that's helpful to you.
>
> I haven't yet tried any domUs.  That's next on my list, but my
> attention is divided while I'm preparing for the summit, so I thought
> it best to send this immediately.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I guess that not seeing a problem is good because things it means that
things are working as expected. Though I am really curious to know why
Alex sees these problems. Perhaps his tree has some other stuff in it.
Perhaps his HW is different in some way - memory configuration?;
devices?; firmware?.

> > [*] It would make fixing these problems quite a lot easier if I
> > could get access to an HP rx6600 and rx2620 as I am really
> > struggling to reprouce the problems here. I know this is tricky, but
> > if someone has a way, please get in touch.
>
> No promises, but I'll try to make something available next week.

Thanks. I will be departing for Xen Summit tomorrow afternoon.  So other
than today and tomorrow morning I'm unlikely to have time to do
investigations until next week.