[Xen-ia64-devel] complie qestion about open source GFW

To: <tgingold@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] complie qestion about open source GFW
From: "Zhang, Xing Z" <xing.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:58:08 +0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 May 2007 18:56:22 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Tristan:

         From EDK2 buildnotes.txt, I get below info:

A Word on gcc for Processor Architectures

Currently gcc support is limited to IA-32 builds, generating IA-32 PE32 images.

The X64 bit (Intel 64, etc.) support under the gcc compiler does not support the EFIAPI

calling convention (as defined in the UEFI 2.0 specification Chapter 2), so it is not

possible to build a working EFI image for an X64 environment.  Since the x64 gcc does

not support the EFIAPI calling convention the x64 tools do not support generating a

PE32+ image.  The EFIAPI calling convention is very similar to the Microsoft x64

calling convention.

We have added prelinary support for the MinGW64 Tool chain. This gcc tool

chain is ported to follow the Microsft X64 ABI, and therefore is compatible

with the EFI specification.

On Itanium?Processors the gcc compiler does not support generating a PE32+ image.

Seems gcc of IA64 can not produce the image. So which complier do you use? I use gcc4.1.1 but still broke during compiling time. Hope you answer. ThxJ

Good good study,day day up ! ^_^

-Wing(zhang xin)

OTC,Intel Corporation