RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] VTD is coming

To: "Akio Takebe" <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Isaku Yamahata" <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] VTD is coming
From: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 11:06:56 +0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 May 2007 20:05:14 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We don't know which pages guest OS will use as dma page,
So we let vtd page table translate all physical address
belonging to guest.

>If yes, do we need to diable dma even when we chage any page table
>not related in dma-remapping?

we needn't and can't.
Vtd page table is maintained by xen.
When xen changes vtd page table, the changed entries should not
be used by DMA operation. What xen needs to do is to flush corresponding
IO-TLBs.

Do you find the scenarios where race conditions exist?