RE: [Xen-ia64-devel][Patch]Add two PAL calls which fix SMPwindowsinstall

To: "Kouya SHIMURA" <kouya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel][Patch]Add two PAL calls which fix SMPwindowsinstallation crashing bug
From: "Zhang, Xing Z" <xing.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:48:02 +0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:47:09 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Kouya:
        I confirmed your patch can solve it. But I think it's a work around
way.
        Although it can prevent general fault raising which caused by write
zero to PTA, it also makes SMP windows become to UP during installation. ( two
vcpus
SMP windows can work normal due to the value which used to judge whether
cpu wake up successful happen equal to two. Actually, the value is a garbage
value.)
        The PAL call patch can root fix it, and we have sent out new GFW. So I
think
you not need wait.

Good good study,day day up ! ^_^
-Wing(zhang xin)