Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 1/5] sn2+machvec support

To: Jes Sorensen <jes@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [patch 1/5] sn2+machvec support
From: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:12:44 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:13:04 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jes,

   Thanks for the cleanup.  I've added most of these to the mercurial
tree here:

http://free.linux.hp.com/~awilliam/xen-ia64-machvec/

I found a couple more README.origin files that needed updating and
reworked parts of patch 4 (adding lots more #ifdef XEN where code was
simply added or removed before).  Overall, it looks pretty good.  The
things not in this tree are the updates to sn_sal.h and list.h.

   The sn_sal.h in the patch looked like a mix of various upstream
versions of the file.  I re-based sn_sal.h in the tree above to 2.6.19,
please re-implement the Xen fixes against that version.

   The Xen list.h doesn't seem to cleanly match any upstream Linux base,
which makes me suspicious that it's had functionality intentionally
pruned out of it.  Did you figure out what it's currently based on?  I'm
wondering if we should try to only include the subset of functionality
we need rather than move the whole file forward.  It's probably worth a
discussion on xen-devel to make sure we don't get any surprises when we
try to merge it upstream.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.