Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Reserved Register/Field fault not correct handledin

Hi, Dietmar

>Hi Akio,
>
>> I think your suggestion is almost right.
>> But should the folloing IA64_ISR_CODE_LFETCH be checked?
>> (because Privilege Register Fault may be occurred on guest.)
>>
>> ia64_fault()
>>  393         if ((isr & IA64_ISR_NA) &&
>>  394             ((isr & IA64_ISR_CODE_MASK) == IA64_ISR_CODE_LFETCH)) {
>>  395                 /*
>>  396                  * This fault was due to lfetch.fault, set "ed" bit in
>> the 397                  * psr to cancel the lfetch.
>>  398                  */
>>  399                 ia64_psr(regs)->ed = 1;
>>  400                 printk("ia64_fault: handled lfetch.fault\n");
>>  401                 return;
>>  402         }
>>

>If the FAULT_OR_REFLECT(24) is called in the trap handler, than the domU has
>to handle the lfetch.fault. and this is OK, I think.
>So my suggestion should be OK?

I think more, and you are right.
I thought "ia64_psr(regs)->ed = 1" on domU generate Privilege Register Fault
and General Exception is happended again.
But because xen check code=0x20, your suggestion is OK.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe