RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Keyboard and Mouse are disable in Xen0 terminal

To: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Isaku Yamahata" <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Keyboard and Mouse are disable in Xen0 terminal
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:04:37 +0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:51:16 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Kangkang,
        This phenomenon is rooted caused by Rev 10373 which adds
mfn_to_local_pfn to xen/ia64. The problem is that this inline function
is implemented on top of mfn_to_pfn (dummy passthrough) instead
of mfn_to_pfn_for_dma, while the place to call mfn_to_local_pfn is in
swiotlb. Not sure why only USB device is affected by this bug.

        Yes, the quick solution can be to use mfn_to_pfn_for_dma version
for now. However this interface may be also used by places without
dma requirement where requires the VP concept. Maybe time for
considering real p!=m model instead of the VP model in the middle?
Considering two set of interfaces existing to accommodate VP and
p!=m difference which really confuses people and error prone like this
bug. Isaku, how about your opinion?

Thanks,
Kevin