[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: xen-ia64-mm

To: <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Isaku Yamahata" <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Horms" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: xen-ia64-mm
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:42:46 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:53:25 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Horms --

I agree that we need to have a separate public tree
temporarily while we are switching domain0 from
P==M to VP+DMA as:

- there are several different components that all need
  to be changed and debugged together which will likely
  take at least several weeks
- several community members will want to contribute
- it will be difficult to use ifdef's for all of these
  changes
- we don't want xen-ia64-unstable.hg to be broken for
  more than a day or two as it is the primary tree
  for merging in core Xen changes from xen-unstable.hg.

Calling it xen-ia64-unstable-mm.hg sounds good,
especially since the primary use (for now) is
to integrate memory management changes.

IMHO, only patches that are necessary for the
domain0 transition (P==M to VP+DMA) should be
accepted into -mm as otherwise it will be difficult
to merge later.

Thanks,
Dan