[Xen-ia64-devel] Re: xen-ia64-mm

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: xen-ia64-mm
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 17:14:54 +0900
Cc: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 08:53:36 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Dan, Hi All,

I understand from my colleague Yamahata-san that one of the ideas that
came out of the Xen Summit (which unfortunately I was not able to
attend) was a proposal for an mm-like tree for ia64-xen. A tree that
could stand between the bleeding-edge development and breakage, such as
the VP+DMA work, and the current xen-ia64-unstable.hg and
xen-unstable.hg trees.  A bit like the role that the
xen-ia64-unstable-Intel.hg tree has played in the past, but with a more
generic name.

I'd like to throw my name hat into the ring to co-ordinate merging and
maintaining such a tree. I must confess that I am still coming to grips
with Xen. Though in the course of that I have been getting plenty of
practice with patching and merging. I also help maintain the Debian
kernel, which has also given me lots of exposure to patching, merging,
and coordinating such things over email.

I'd like to start by kicking off a discussion of what the tree should be
called (mm is fine by me, but I'm by no means attached to it) and what
sort of patch acceptance policy we should have - anything as long as it
builds?

--
Horms