RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Patches for ia64 arch_vcpu_info_t merge

To: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Patches for ia64 arch_vcpu_info_t merge
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:58:39 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:57:11 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK, here's a few smaller steps that I've done:

1) Checked in the tiger defconfig file into xenlinux
2) Checked in the asm-xsi-offsets.c file and the changes
   to arch/ia64/Makefile to build it.  (NOTE: It appears
   that this change results in a complete rebuild for
   every file change?  Please confirm.)  Also, for now
   I've left SHAREDINFO_ADDR and SHARED_ARCHINFO_ADDR
   to be the same until I understand this change better.
3) Checked in syntactic changes to several files to
   make it easier to convert between vcpu_info.arch
   being a pointer or not a pointer (and possibly
   adding an extra level of indirection).
4) Added the define of IA64_TR_ARCH_INFO in kregs.h

It will be necessary to regenerate the remaining patches, but:

1) First we need to settle on the approach for vcpu_info.arch
   and, if its going to be a pointer and requires a change
   to common, we will need to get that change into common first.
2) Please start using the Intel hg staging tree.
3) Please separate unrelated changes into separate changesets.
4) I'm unhappy with exposing all the VTI VMX struct info to
   xenlinux.  Is there a better way?

Dan