RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Patches for ia64 arch_vcpu_info_t merge

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Patches for ia64 arch_vcpu_info_t merge
From: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:01:49 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:00:14 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dan,
Can you run the patches on your system yet?  We can also create on the
pure EL4 enviroment, though we were seeing a lot of warning message of
"vcpu_translate: bad address ...."; but the domU was still up with slow
boot time.
Attached new patches to work around "copy_to_user" issue on top of
previous patches I sent out on 7/20
Please let us know if any issue .
Thanks,
-Fred
Tian, Kevin wrote:
> Hi, Dan/Matt,
>       We can't reproduce your problem here, with validation that
latest hg
> tree with/without this patch all boots to single user mode of domU.
>
> Hg source: xen(5810), xeno(16)
> Python: 2.4.1
> Hardware: Tiger4/Madison
> Disk image: A 50M subset of RHEL3
>
> 1. We can boot Dom0 on Tiger4 after solving following 2 issues:
>       A. PAL code should be always mapped by ITR with current rr7.
However