[Xen-API] Preparing for Google Summer of Code 2011

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] Preparing for Google Summer of Code 2011
From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:14:00 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 03:14:17 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:sender:message-id:date:from:user-agent :mime-version:to:subject:content-type; bh=MBqRXzXcsCiOJkX8nhhqjBpEPamZN4yQ3ug80jgavm0=; b=OanehWlho2JtEdAeVoCDr2uz/YScRi1cJYoliXDQywqtuMHAq08JlnzPl3brw100yB jlx+KxwJwUeUaZEAHbxqGalzSs/0Vsp1CHOiJWF4RoKenTnQqe/xql1MJZYaWkr7SjYp tCLdytnKNuRjlrXryrzEdH3RV9eZ3wGnYYK0M=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everybody,

Xen.org intends to apply for Google Summer of Code 2011 sponsored by Google. Last year we got 3 projects approved and with luck and a little effort we will be able to grow to more. GSoC is a great opportunity for Xen.org to promote our technology, to get new features for our code and to grow the community of people working on the code.

For the application to be successful, we need a list of proposed project ideas. For last year's submission, we had a very long list of project ideas. I have copied the ideas to http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/GSoC_2011_ideas and removed the ones I know were implemented.

What I am asking YOU to do is the following:

  • Have a look at the list
  • If you are a named contact on the ideas list, let me know whether your idea is still valid (by e-mail, by replying to this thread or by marking the idea with a YES or NO in the 2011 column)
  • If the named contact should change, please let me know who the new contact should be
  • If you have a new idea, please drop me a line or add it with a description to the wiki page, following the existing examples
In about two weeks, I will review the list and start preparing the GSoC submission and work with the various XEN projects and maintainers.

Best Regards
Lars

Xen.org Community Manager
lars.kurth@xxxxxxx | http://blog.xen.org | @xen_com_mgr