RE: Re: [Xen-devel] Balloon driver for Linux/HVM

> As we agreed ealier sometimes it is better to return memory to the
> system "directly" than allocate it as a backend for swap. I written
> PoC (with some suggestions from you) which works and cope very good
> with high memory demands. However, it is a long way (to some extent)
> to fully working implementation containing all features (ballooning,
> tmem and memory hotplug). I could do that. However at the beginnig
> we should agree on which kernel version I start development.
> For me it looks that
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
> repository, xen/balloon head is the best. What do you think about that
> ???

Sorry, I've had to refocus my energy on other non-virtualization
tmem-related issues* for awhile so haven't had a chance to work
on the future balloon driver features you are proposing.

What is the difference between 2.6.36 balloon driver and Jeremy's
xen/balloon tree head?  I think ideally the kernel version for
development should be the latest (2.6.36).

* Search for cleancache in http://lwn.net/Articles/412687/