Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Passthrough Problems/Questions

> qemu-dm-XP.log looks fine. Per  "xm dmesg" log, unmap[ing and mapping
> 00:02.0 and 00:02.1 are no problem. But why are there many unmap and map
> (d1 -> d5)? did you create guest 5 times? Could you describe the crash
> you encountered?  BTW, the "xm dmesg" log looks not complete,  it should
> include following logs when you create hvm guest:
> (XEN) HVM1: HVM Loader
> (XEN) HVM1: Detected Xen v4.0.0-rc3-pre
> (XEN) HVM1: CPU speed is 2533 MHz
>
> and pls add "iommu=verbose" in grub to get more VT-d info.
>
> Regards,
> Weidong

Weidong,
First, I have the following already specified on the xen.gz kernel line
in grub:

loglevel=all guest_lvl=all iommu=verbose

Yes, I had started the guest five times...I've rebooted the system and
started it once, and have attached the log files.  As far as the domU
crashing - there's not much to describe.  There is no longer any error
after issuing XM start, but the domU doesn't ever get to the point of
displaying anything on the screen - it crashes almost as soon as the xm
start command is issued (right after doing "xm start" the "xm list"
command shows the domU not running).  So, the log file is going to be
the only form of output I can get you - there's nothing to report from
the screen.  I don't see the output you mentioned anywhere in xm dmesg.

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.