Re: [Xen-devel] git question

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 01:55:27PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 04:22:03PM +0200, Stefan Kuhne wrote:
> > > You can use git to merge the patches from branch A to branch B.
> >
> > but i need the plain patches for a vanilla tree and other patches.
> > So this patches should come into an patchset.
> >
> > Do i have to make a diff beetwen Konrads tree and a vanilla one?
>
> git diff the last tag from the vanilla branch and his last tag, or his HEAD.

Like this: git diff v2.6.32..origin/pv/pcifront-2.6.32

Thought the latest patches that I've been posting for review are in:
devel/xen-pcifront-0.5 and they are based on top 2.6.35, so you would
do:

git diff v2.6.35..origin/devel/xen-pcifront-0.5

and you would get the one big mega patch for the driver. Thought
don't forget you also need the SWIOTLB/Xen-SWIOTLB stuff (which is now
upstream in 2.6.36-rc0).

To make folks life easier I did setup branches which have all of those
patches in one location. They are:
  devel/merge.2.6.34
  devel/merge.2.6.35
  devel/merge.2.6.35-rc6.t2
  pv/merge.2.6.32
  pv/merge.2.6.33

> You can also git fetch a vanilla tree into the same checkout, and then
> git diff the two branches.

<nods>