Re: [Xen-devel] git question

On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 10:22 -0400, Stefan Kuhne wrote:
> Am 14.08.2010 16:16, schrieb Pasi Kärkkäinen:
>
> Hello Pasi,
>
> > You can use git to merge the patches from branch A to branch B.
> >
> but i need the plain patches for a vanilla tree and other patches.
> So this patches should come into an patchset.
>
> Do i have to make a diff beetwen Konrads tree and a vanilla one?

Navigate to the branch you're interested in, using git checkout as
described above.

You can use git log to view commits to that particular branch you're
on.

With -p to see the patches inline, if that helps.

Patches are listed in reverse order, use -<n> to seen the last n
commits. I usually also use --oneline a lot.

Use git format-patch to export patches.

Briefly check out rev-parse for an overview on how to select particular
revisions and ranges. Before you get more familiar with that, just using
-<n> is probably more straightforward.

Cheers,
Daniel