[Xen-devel] question on iommu _map_page

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] question on iommu _map_page
From: Kaushik Kumar Ram <kaushik@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:37:10 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 May 2010 13:38:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I am trying to use the VT-d support with a PV driver domain which performs
network I/O on behalf of guest domains.
When I initiate any network I/O it results in I/O page faults. On taking a
closer look I find that iommu_map_page() is called only for writable pages from
__gnttab_map_grant_ref(). This results in page faults during packet
transmission since pages are mapped read-only in this case.
When I remove this restriction, I can get it working without any page faults.

Is this a bug? or am I missing something here? I am using the latest unstable
version of Xen. This part of the source code hasn't changed in a long time.

Thanks!
-Kaushik