Re: [Xen-devel] Remus and Kemari...

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 08:40:35AM -0200, Gilberto Nunes wrote:
> Em Quinta-feira 21 Janeiro 2010, às 08:16:55, você escreveu:
>
> Hi Pasi
>
> > On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 08:12:21AM -0200, Gilberto Nunes wrote:
> > > Em Quarta-feira 20 Janeiro 2010, às 22:20:17, Brendan Cully escreveu:
> > >
> > > Hi Brendan...

> > > Right

> > > What you suggest... NFS!

> > > My network between primary and backup server is a dedicate network, make
> > > with a dedicate fast ethernet switch...
> >
> > Not sure if Fast Ethernet is enough for Remus syncing?
>
> Well, I try too with crossover network cable, in Giga Ethernet, but I have
> the
> same...
>

> > > I do not understand wath you say about that "I have a loaded dom0". On
> > > fact, Xen always have a loaded dom0, right!
> >
> > I bet he meant "do you have high load on dom0", aka do you have high cpu
> >  usage in dom0? Try running "xm top" to figure out. And also normal "top"
> >  in dom0.
>
> Ok... I run xm top and get this:
>
> NAME
> Domain-0
>
> STATE
> -----r
>
> CPU(sec)
> 135
>

> CPU(%)
> 0.6

So it's not using much CPU.

> MEM(k)
> 7226368
>
> MEM(%)
> 86.2

Did you configure dom0_mem= for Xen?

See:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBestPractices

Or is there something in dom0 using all the memory for real?
Run "top" in dom0, and sort by memory usage by pressing shift+m.

> MAXME(k)
> no limit
>
> MAXMEM(%)
> n/a
>
> VCPUS
> 2
>
> Something wrong!!!

> > > I see. But how I do this!! I am a newbie. If you can point some ways to
> > > me, I'll appreciate...
> >
> > See:
> > http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenCommonProblems
> >
> > There's a chapter called "How can I limit the number of vcpus my dom0 has?"
> > and "Can I dedicate a cpu core (or cores) only for dom0?"
>
> I see... However, this procedure do not take alway the beneficity of multi-
> core processors to my VM's!!!!

You can still use multiple cores on your VMs.

If you don't want to dedicate a core only for dom0, at least configure the
domain weights so that dom0 is guaranteed to get enough CPU time.

-- Pasi