[Xen-devel] Remus and Kemari...

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Remus and Kemari...
From: gilberto nunes <gilberto.nunes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:52:33 -0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:51:20 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I installed the Remus but had some problems.
He leaves the VM very slow. I'm using a partition with DRBD / LVM.
May even be that you say that has many layers (DRBD / LVM) that can
influence on performance.
But the interesting thing is that when Remus is not running the VM is light
even with 512M of memory. And look what I'm talking about a Windows 2003
Standard Edition.
The Remus to stop working inexplicably (at least for me)
and let the VM's started in a state of the two nodes ...

On the other hand Kemari was easier to implement, though I
I have to apply patch to xen 3.3, kernel 2.6.18.8-xen. This is
boring part of the work.
But the Kemari was more robust as it were. Did not fall even once.
I'm still learning how to push it right over I felt more
safe with him ...
Safe in the sense that he did not let me down like the Remus ... Same
activating the Kemari the VM has not felt any impact ... With the click Remus
Start Windows took about 30 seconds ... It seems
great thing, but in a production environment with the database is
another story.

Maybe some disability with my Remus know ...

However I am still doing my experiences. I'll see what happens ...

Hugs and thanks
--
*Gilberto Nunes Ferreira*
*TI*