Re: [Xen-devel] I cannot get any message from domU by console / pv_ops d

To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] I cannot get any message from domU by console / pv_ops domU kernel crashes with xen_create_contiguous_region failed
From: Michael D Labriola <mlabriol@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:20:15 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ?????? <peb1611@xxxxxxxxx>, Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:20:44 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 12/22/2009
12:00:26 PM:

> > Trying to attach the domU console output such that Lotus Notes doesn't

> Oooh Lotus Notes, eh? Good luck :-)

Oh, you have no idea.  Not only is my productivity crippled by Lotus
Notes, our PCs are all locked down with GuardianEdge's "transparent"
encryption... which only has Windows client software...  which means if I
copy that patch onto my thumb drive (or even burn it to a CD!) it ends up
encrypted.  And then I have to take it to a windows box on our internal
network so I can decrypt it and ftp it over to my Linux box...  sigh.

> > garble it all... bare with me.  ;-)
>
> Got another patch on the way that should solve your problem. Please
> try it out.
>
> Hmm, you are using Lotus Notes, I think it eats up spaces in patches, so
> here it is as an attachment.
>
> [attachment "a.patch" deleted by Michael D Labriola/EB/GDYN]

Will try it.  So domUs not requiring PCI passthrough will boot with
SWIOTLB disabled and in order to get PCI passthrough working we'll have to
add 'iommu=soft' to the domU kernel args in addition to the normal
pci=[XX:YY:ZZ] line?  Just want to make sure I'm following all this.
Thanks!

-Mike