Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.4.1 NUMA support

To: Juergen Gross <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.4.1 NUMA support
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:40:15 +0000
Cc: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Papagiannis Anastasios <apapag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 04:40:45 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 09/11/2009 11:44, "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> NUMA was a topic I wanted to look at as soon as cpupools are officially
> accepted. Keir wanted to propose a way to get rid of the function
> continue_hypercall_on_cpu() which was causing most of the stuff leading
> to the objection of cpupools.
> I guess Keir had some higher priority jobs. :-)

Well, I forgot about it. I think the plan was to perhaps keep something like
continue_hypercall_on_cpu(), but not need to actually run the vcpu itself
'over there' but instead schedule a tasklet or somesuch, and sleep on its
completion. That would get rid of the skanky affinity hacks you had to do to
support continue_hypercall_on_cpu(). I'll have a look back at what we
discussed.

 -- Keir