Re: [Xen-devel] Possible bug with pass-through hot-plug?

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 01:49:49PM +0200, Tom Rotenberg wrote:
> OK, great.
>
> I will be very surprised if it will work for u on a Windows VM...
> BTW - do u use the (small) patch i wrote for "forcing" the device to
> be on the 00:1b.0 slot?

I haven't needed your patch when testing with Linux guests.

The thing is, during my testing I have observed that devfn
is set correctly without your patch. I was able to observe this
using the debugging patch that I posted. I am suspecting that during
your testing devfn is being set to an incorrect value - which your
patch forcibly corrects. I strongly suspect that is due to some
behaviour in xm or xend that isn't related to which OS the
guest is running.