Re: [Xen-devel] Possible bug with pass-through hot-plug?

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 10:36:07AM +0200, Tom Rotenberg wrote:
> Simon,
>
> I think u missed something here... in the regular state, when u do:
> xm create hvm pci='00:1b.0'
>
> then the device is being assigned the 0x100 slot, which means - qemu
> will auto-assign the slot.
> In this case - the hot-remove works fine.
>
> In the other method i tried, when i wanted to register the device on a
> specific slot (00:1b.0), (in order to reproduce it - u can change
> qemu to force the devfn to be 1b.0, as i sent in my first mail) - in
> that case, the device is assigned the slot 00:1b.0, and i see in the
> Windows device manager, that it got the virtual slot 00:1b.0
> Now, when i try to hot-remove the device - it doesn't work.

Ok, I missed that. Without your change does the device appear in the
device manager? If not could you try my debugging patch and see what it
reports.

> Doesn't it reproduce to u? (with the patch i sent, for forcing devfn
> to be 00:1b.0) ?

I am able to hot-plug devices into specific slots without your change.
I'll verify that hot-unplug also works.

N.B: My guests are linux not Windows.
Although I don't think that makes any difference.