Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Announcing xen/master: pvops git trees rearranged

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Announcing xen/master: pvops git trees rearranged
From: Qing He <qing.he@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:17:06 +0800
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christian Tramnitz <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>, "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 20:11:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 04:13 +0800, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> On 09/23/09 06:16, Christian Tramnitz wrote:
> > are there plans to get any of the (non-bugfix) changes to upstream?
> > I think the 2.6.32 merge window will close very soon right?
>
> No plans to put anything into .32.  We need to have a solid story about
> how to handle IOAPIC setup before pushing the rest, I think.  I've just
> restarted work on that, but I need to work out how to reconcile it with
> the recent MSI work.

What's your current thinking on IOAPIC setup, still similar to that
new-routing branch? I'd like to know about it so the MSI can adapt.

And for a trap and emulation based MSI, the current logic may have
to be changed. Currently I'm still trying to find an elegant solution,
so I think you can do the IOAPIC work without much burden of MSI.

Thanks,
Qing