Re: [Xen-devel] ioctl and Xen

To: Marco Tizzoni <marco.tizzoni@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] ioctl and Xen
From: Derek Riley <derek.riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:36:06 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 12:36:36 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=0oOQMqMTv4xAdqvbdez4VU/+gtQONbSdriP5kbqMthc=; b=U5b/4FdfG05zCItXYcWp4SspkVaGJ/T+mUfr/WdZB/lYletbetOJptgeXZ58wuCRiJ 3mx/CWL73k7Srh+10FxJ9SEBnvutNxDdpzZ7Ue8cqujjoulzOMCDX2VQxVlHH+tHZ5UA 0s9A8qoghKJQcEJLmXjHhIfE7n5f126mBROGc=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your reply.  I am familiar with the files you listed, but they do not do what I need, nor do I see how they could be modified to do what I want (although I may be missing something).

I am trying to pass simple information in and out of the scheduler while it is running to a user process for monitoring and control.  I just need an IPC method that is fast so it won't bog down the scheduler or the user space process.  Any thoughts?  Thanks
--Derek

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Marco Tizzoni <marco.tizzoni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Derek
Riley<derek.riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello developers-
> I am trying to modify the Xen Hypervisor kernel to pass information to and
> from a user space program to the domain scheduler (sched_credit),

I'm not experienced but I think you could have a look at:

xen/include/public/domctl.h
xen/include/public/sched.h
xen/include/public/sched-if.h
xen/common/sched_credit.c