Re: [Xen-devel] Hosting xenstore in a separate domain

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Hosting xenstore in a separate domain
From: Alex Zeffertt <alex.zeffertt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:06:57 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Adam McKibben <adam.mckibben@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:07:25 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please note that these xen-unstable patches depend on some minor dom0 kernel patches (*). I updated Diego's linux-2.6.18-xen.hg patches and posted them to this list. But if you're using an alternate dom0 kernel you'll need to forward port these.

Regards,

Alex

(*) The kernel patches provide an ioctl for the xenstore domain builder to create a grant ref and event chan which enables the xenstore domain to access dom0's xenstore page.

Keir Fraser wrote:
There are pending patches for this from Diego Ongaro and Alex Zeffert.
Should be in xen-unstable pretty soon now.

 -- Keir