RE: [Xen-devel] Xen runs out of memory!

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xen runs out of memory!
From: "Jayaraman, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Jayaraman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:31:58 +0530
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:02:57 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir, I'm using a 64 bit unstable version of Xen. 4 Core single socket CPU with
8GB memory and Dom0 is using around 2.5GB. What do I do to lift heap size
restrictions?

The only other domain that comes up is my HVM which squeezes Xen out of memory.

Do you think I can increase contiguous pages by increasing the value of
MAX_ORDER, which is right now defined as
#define MAX_ORDER 20 /* 2^20 contiguous pages */

Which is a hell of a lot of pages and all I'm asking for are 1536 contiguous
ones.

However when I checked in xen/common/page_alloc.c I see the following: -
typedef struct list_head heap_by_zone_and_order_t[NR_ZONES][MAX_ORDER+1]

Should this have been: -
typedef struct list_head
heap_by_zone_and_order_t[NR_ZONES][(int)pow(2,MAX_ORDER * +1)]

??

Bhaskar.