Re: [Xen-devel] MMIO ioremap() error with PCI passthrough

To: Andy Burns <lists.xensource.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] MMIO ioremap() error with PCI passthrough
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:10:10 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:10:40 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 1/7/08 16:44, "Andy Burns" <lists.xensource.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps the rounding up to 8K is happening because the address isn't
> aligned on a page boundary, so is split over two pages?

Yes, since the argument to ioremap() is 0x1000, the underlying ioremap
implementation is doing the right thing.

> So I assume it is the driver at fault for mapping a larger resource area
> than the card actually supports?
>
> I'll try changing the size argument to 0x400 and rebuilding the saa7134
> module.

Yes, it's the driver's fault. 0x400 would be correct.

>> So, could be a bug specific to the FC8 kernel.
>
> Actually centos5.2 is the domU, FC8 is the dom0, since it's x86_64, I
> assume it's the Fedora/Redhat forward-port effort, rather than the
> paravirt_ops effort.

Yes, it will be the FC/RH forward-port. Anyhow, the bug isn't in the generic
ioremap code after all.

 -- Keir