Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch 4/4]: Xend interface for HVM S3

Ke, Liping writes ("[Xen-devel] [Patch 4/4]: Xend interface for HVM S3"):
>  [Patch 4/4]: Xend interface for HVM S3
>    - extend "xm resume <domid>" to be able to S3 resume HVM domain.
>    - when user issue "xm resume" command for HVM domain, xend will use
>      xc lib API to call HVMOP_s3_resume hypercall.
>
>  Note: it may not appropriate use xm resume for HVM s3, since xm resume
>  is originally designed for save/restor purpose. It will be fine that
>  xend maintainer find another place to put this code.

If you want to reuse `xm resume' for this you need to think about the
interactions with the existing `xm suspend' and `xm resume'.  What
combination of states are permissible, what transitions exist, and how
are they triggered ?

What if the guest is in the middle of going into one kind of suspend
when a request arrives to put it into a different kind of suspend ?
(Users often make multiple similar requests if they think the first
request isn't working.)

Ian.