RE: [Xen-devel] Debian kernel doesn't support DomU bit width != Dom0 bit

To: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Debian kernel doesn't support DomU bit width != Dom0 bit width for PV drivers?
From: "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:21:26 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:22:45 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Could be totally unrelated, but (despite the name of the patch)
this might be relevant:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-01/msg00509.html

Mixed bit-width-mode dom0 vs domU probably has some lurking bugs.
Oracle has pounded on 64-bit domU on 32-bit dom0 quite a bit,
but not vice-versa.

Note that a 64-bit dom0 isn't required to run 64-bit guests,
just a 64-bit Xen.  As a result, I don't know if any commercial
products run a 64-bit dom0, so the 32-on-64 bugs probably haven't
been shaken out.

Dan