Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3.1.0 on sles10sp1

To: jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3.1.0 on sles10sp1
From: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebastia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:04:57 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 02:05:23 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
"Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The error message clearly indicates that you've got a broken /init in your
> initrd. I guess you'll need to examine what went wrong during its
creation.

I just did that.
For some reason there was an
caps="$(</proc/xen/capabilities)"
if [ "$caps" != "${caps%control_d*}" ]; then
        echo nothing
fi

I added the "echo nothing" into the if statement, then it worked. After
restarting again, it panicked again, but now because of missing cciss HDD
controler driver to access the root partition. I added this and it is
starting now.
Sorry for the noise.

Sebastian

> Jan

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the xen 3.1.0 tarballs for 64Bit SMP to install it on a HP
> DL365 AMD64. After ./install, I added this to the grub menu.lst:
>
> title XenSource-XEN (2.6.18-xen-3.1)
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /boot/xen-3.1.0.gz
>         module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-xen ro root=/dev/cciss/c0d0p1
>         module /boot/initrd-2.6.18-xen
>
> Additionally I had to run mkinitrd, as there was no initrd for that kernel
> after the ./install. Nevertheless, after reboot it ended in a kernel
panic.
> "Screenshot" of the panic is attached, and can also be found here:
> https://www.l00-bugdead-prods.de/Image033.jpg
>
> I ran a depmod and mkinitrd. Then after reboot, the boot process ended in
> panic, see attached screenshot.
>
> Any hint what is going wrong here? Further in the README, there is still
Xen