Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Live Migration problems using xenapi with xm

To: Ben Guthro <bguthro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Live Migration problems using xenapi with xm
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:02:36 -0700
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:03:25 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ben Guthro wrote:
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I'm wondering - is this uncharted territory, or has migration on HVM
> (with xenapi) worked in the past? We'll be happy to help fix
> this...but it would go a long way to know what is thought to be working.

I would suspect you are in uncharted territory.  Currently I don't think
there are a lot of xenapi users.  In the past I have generally had to
fix bugs or provide implementation for xenapi features previously not
consumed by my app.  You are perhaps the first to attempt migration
(almost certainly of HVM guests) through xenapi.

Regards,
Jim