Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Live Migration problems using xenapi with xm

To: Ben Guthro <bguthro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Live Migration problems using xenapi with xm
From: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:22:11 +0000
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:23:17 -0800
Newsgroups: chiark.mail.xen.devel
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ben Guthro writes ("[Xen-devel] Re: Live Migration problems using xenapi with
xm"):
> I've managed to track this down to being a bug in HVM migration using
> XenAPI.

Aha.

> It seems that restore is trying to restore a PV guest, while save is
> trying to save an HVM guest...  [ etc. ]

Thanks for investigating.

> I'll continue to dig further, but if anyone has any thoughts on this,
> I'd welcome pointers.

I don't have any thoughts right now, I'm afraid.  I hope to be in a
better position to help out very shortly; There's quite a lot of
review, testing and general sorting out of XenAPI needed which I'll be
looking into.

In the meantime, good luck and do let us know what more you find.

Regards,
Ian.